THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Dear reader, this blog was a nice place for quite a while to share my thoughts and stories. Meanwhile I got a new website and so I continue writing on my new's site blog.

HOP OVER TO THE NEW BLOG

Thank you.

Liebe Leserin, dieser Blog war für lange Zeit ein sehr netter Ort, meine Gedanken und Geschichten mit dir zu teilen. Inzwischen habe ich eine neue Website erstellt und werde jetzt den Blog dort fortsetzen.

GEH EINFACH ZUM NEUEN BLOG,

und: "Danke!"

November’s Pillow Talk winner and a new prize announcement

Freitag, 9. Dezember 2011

So many beautiful pillows to talk about that I hardly can tell which one is my favorite.
Here is a colorful star from Adrienne, which she made for her pillow swap. Don’t miss her blog, a place full of eye-candy.

Christine, who lives coincidentally just a few miles away from me, made this lettered pillow for her friend’s new born baby. Can you imagine that it’s her first machine quilted one? Looks fantastic, see more of her cute children sewing on her flickr stream.

I love the cozy colors Kirsten used for her logcabin pillow, the yellow is warming like sun, isn’t it? If you lay your head down on it, you’ll instantly be in a good mood.

Lori’s little pillow or big pincushion (whatever you like to see in it) is a pile of layers, in between a Dresden Plate, Fassetts and dots, on top a dotted button. I think sweeter than any cupcake! Maybe this was the reason why the linky-lottery-fairy has chosen hers as the winner. Tataa! Congratulations to you, Lori, my “Juggling Summer”-Print is on its way to you.

And last (entry) but not least there is another Dresden Plate companion: Sues Sunflower Pillow, made for her grandma. I think she did a great job to meet any grandmas taste with the warm, sunny colors but add a contemporary touch by choosing modern graphic fabrics. I like the quilting on this pillow!

Thank you very much everyone, for sending me pictures, taking part and sharing your creations with me and my readers! It’s always a great inspiration.
For now, I need a little break. These days are so busy, I’m a bit down by a cold, and it’s even the 9th of the month. So lets enlarge the next Pillow Talk to a December-January-combo and find the next winner at the end of January.
For all of you who are new to the Pillow Talk: find any details about sending an entry here where you can also send and link your submission.
So – now you have got plenty of time, about 50 days. You can do all Christmas preps and celebrate New Years Eve (and me too) and get back with your pillow sewing some when in the next few weeks to go for THIS!!!
An issue of the very new, very inspiring and very contemporary
QUILT SCENE
an annual review what is new in the quilter’s world. And (I can’t help but am so proud) you’ll find one of my ZEN CHIC pattern featured in it as well as an article about my studio.

Quiltscene_1studio
and you know what? We have two months, I have to issues to give away and we will have two winners this time! So now you better go to your desktop and scribble some ideas…

3 Kommentare:

Esch House Quilts hat gesagt…

Congratulations on the article! I can't wait to see it.

Michi hat gesagt…

Liebe Brigitte!
Gratulation zum Zeitschriftenartikel! Schaut sehr cool aus, sehr modern.
Dein Pillowtalk hat mir die Idee für eine Babydecke gebracht, danke!
Vielleicht kontaktiere ich dich wegen Stoffen... Man wird sehen, was ich finde in den Weiten des wwws.
Liebe Grüße und einen schönen Sonntag noch!
Michi :)

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hallo Brigitte,

herzlichen Glückwunsch zu der Veröffentlichung. Ich würde mich sehr über einen Tipp freuen, wie man diese Zeitung hier in Deutschland bekommt oder evtl. den Artikel über dich lesen könnte.

Viele Grüße
Martina

.

 
site design by designer blogs