THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Dear reader, this blog was a nice place for quite a while to share my thoughts and stories. Meanwhile I got a new website and so I continue writing on my new's site blog.

HOP OVER TO THE NEW BLOG

Thank you.

Liebe Leserin, dieser Blog war für lange Zeit ein sehr netter Ort, meine Gedanken und Geschichten mit dir zu teilen. Inzwischen habe ich eine neue Website erstellt und werde jetzt den Blog dort fortsetzen.

GEH EINFACH ZUM NEUEN BLOG,

und: "Danke!"

Color choices for the modern quilter

Dienstag, 4. Oktober 2011

Red – red is a color often way too vibrant for me to get others in combination to (besides the classic red white combination). But then I found this picture below inside the magazine “Color made easy” – and yes, that made it easy for me to find a red and also fresh color scheme.

red

Color choice fire

Which shades do you like to combine with a tomato red? Have you pictures of projects to show? Link to them in the comments below.

Rot – Rot ist eine Farbe, für die es mir schwer fällt, passende Kombinationen zu finden (außer natürlich dem Klassiker Rot-Weiß). Das Bild oben fand ich in der Zeitschrift “Color made easy” und tatsächlich war es sehr easy aus diesem Foto ein modernes und frisches Farbschema für Rot abzuleiten.

Welche Farben kombinierst du gerne mit Rot? Hast du schon ein “Rot-Projekt” genäht? Schreib doch einen Link dazu in den Kommentaren.

3 Kommentare:

Esch House Quilts hat gesagt…

I never would have thought of putting those colors together, but they are gorgeous!

Susan hat gesagt…

I'm curious about what you will do for a pattern, the bit of green makes definitely the deal

Katherine hat gesagt…

Great palette!

I love working with reds. I have made placemats, recovered my kitchen chairs and made 3 different tablerunners using just reds (with white and off-whites). Most recently I made a tablerunner using various shades of red with white and off-white. Here's my link:
http://sewmesomethinggood.blogspot.com/2011/09/little-red-runner-in-9-patches.html

.

 
site design by designer blogs