THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Dear reader, this blog was a nice place for quite a while to share my thoughts and stories. Meanwhile I got a new website and so I continue writing on my new's site blog.

HOP OVER TO THE NEW BLOG

Thank you.

Liebe Leserin, dieser Blog war für lange Zeit ein sehr netter Ort, meine Gedanken und Geschichten mit dir zu teilen. Inzwischen habe ich eine neue Website erstellt und werde jetzt den Blog dort fortsetzen.

GEH EINFACH ZUM NEUEN BLOG,

und: "Danke!"

Color choices for the modern quilter

Dienstag, 21. Juni 2011

Orange is just wonderful - it smells fresh and fruity, it is as warm as sunshine, it tastes as aromatic as mangoes, it lifts your spirits on a rainy day and sounds like pop music.
No wonder that these orange shades inspired me immediately for a color palette. And I found a lot of suiting fabrics – I’ll show them soon.

Do you like orange? Have you ever sewn a quilt in orange? Let’s see it and post a link in the comments!





Foto Tom Magliery



Orange ist einfach wunderbar – es riecht so nach Frische und Frucht, es ist so warm wie ein Sonnenstrahl, es schmeckt so aromatisch wie Mangos, es macht gute Laune an Regentagen und hört sich an wie Popmusik.
Kein Wunder, dass mich diese vielen Orangefarbtöne sofort für eine Farbpalette inspiriert haben. Und Stoffe dazu habe ich auch eine Menge gefunden, die zeige ich Euch bald.

Magst du orange? Hast du schon mal einen Quilt in orange genäht? Dann poste einen Link im Kommentar!

6 Kommentare:

stufenzumgericht hat gesagt…

Liebe Brigitte,
in die obere Collage könnt ich so reinspringen und das, was du daraus an Farben zusammen gestellt hast, sieht ebenfalls super aus!
GlG, Martina

Brigitte hat gesagt…

This is the beautiful orange quilt of my dear friend Hildegard
http://www.facebook.com/brigitte.heitland/posts/153546594716735#!/photo.php?fbid=1684856055101&set=a.1318835264810.41054.1648629509&type=1&theater

Reba Ruby Rose hat gesagt…

I'm also working on an orange & grey quilt - here's a photo of it before I sewed the rows together: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rrlove/5918699405/in/photostream

Thank you for the inspiring work you create - your quilt pattern "Remember" was one of the first quilts that motivated me to try quilting myself!

Cath hat gesagt…

I am sorry that I can't get a link to my quilt photo to work, but I did one for my daughter in pink and orange. I made the centre of the quilt in a crazy nine patch. I LOVE the use of orange in quilts!

Brigitte hat gesagt…

@CathHi Cath, thanks for stopping by! Isn't this orange a beautiful thing you can mix it with greys for a serious look, with pink and white for a more playful one. So much different expressions. What a pitty I couldn't see yours!

Emma Watson hat gesagt…

Awesome work done. .

Free american classifieds

.

 
site design by designer blogs