THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Dear reader, this blog was a nice place for quite a while to share my thoughts and stories. Meanwhile I got a new website and so I continue writing on my new's site blog.

HOP OVER TO THE NEW BLOG

Thank you.

Liebe Leserin, dieser Blog war für lange Zeit ein sehr netter Ort, meine Gedanken und Geschichten mit dir zu teilen. Inzwischen habe ich eine neue Website erstellt und werde jetzt den Blog dort fortsetzen.

GEH EINFACH ZUM NEUEN BLOG,

und: "Danke!"

80 memories of Amsterdam

Dienstag, 1. Mai 2007


I visited the Netherlands for several times mostly on May when everything has this inspiring fresh green and the air is full of the smell of blooming. Amsterdam is so relaxing to stroll through with its wonderful “Grachten”, small channels of water between the rows of houses. There is a beautiful patchwork shop called “Den Haan & Wagenmakers“ which sells fabrics with old Dutch prints of a very high quality. I love them. I brought a little package of scraps with me, just 80 three inch patches, not knowing what I’ll do with.
Now those 80 memories are my project to improve my skills for sewing triangle blocks. I fear I’ll never master perfect triangle piecing.
Since I had not so many Dutch pieces and I liked to get a quilt of 60 x 60 inches I filled the empty spaces with a warm orange and a fresh white (The pic shows only a little part of my quilt).
Next exercise will be to machine quilt it.

Keine Kommentare:

.

 
site design by designer blogs